Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Moving on Up to DC

In the process of starting a new blog, we (Mark and I - more on him soon!) are also moving. We will be leaving our happy little condo in Northern Virginia, with all of it's amenities and conveniences (our building is on top of the metro, connected to a movie theater, and within 100 yards of a CVS, 711 and 2 mini-markets) and moving back to DC... to a real house!

Our current place was where Mark lived before we met and is largely decorated in his style, with a few touches from me here and there. Our new house is a real house, with lots of real rooms and lots of potential for decorating. Exciting! Sartorial! Stylish! Overwhelming!!!

Meet my new best friend, www.sproost.com! Sproost allows you to take a simple, visual quiz and determine your decor style. I am a huge fan of these types of quizzes. I took the "What type of Bride are you?" quiz on Brides.com countless times - before, during and after being engaged.

After a series of rooms and a few simple clicks you're told what you're style is. I have taken the quiz maybe 10 (probably 20) times now and I still wonder wait in suspense to see what my style will be.

Prior to the moving process I never really thought about what my style would be, as I often think interior design is informed by where you live and the type home it is. But, either way, the results are always the same.

I am 50% French Eclectic, 33% Traditional Country, 17% Cottage Chic. Who knew!? This is my starting point. After we pack up, move in and shop enough so we have somewhere to sit, I'll keep you updated on the progress and what we pick. What is your design style?


P.S. I was a romantic bride.

all images from www.sproost.com

1 comment:

  1. Bloomingdale watch out! Looking forward to your moving in. Still can't believe it!

    ReplyDelete