Friday, July 16, 2010

Come Sale Away

My friend Jaci, of EverydaySassypants.com fame, and I often talk shop in our gchats throughout the week. This week we stumbled across the Nordstrom Annual Sale, we played what I like to call "What would I like on this page?" and what she and her sisters called "that's me". The point of the game is that you shop with a friend/sister and know so clearly what matches their personal style that you could pick it out for them.

After many years of shopping at Loehmann's throughout college and then on Shopstyle together, Jaci and I know each other's style. I was inspired by her own
virtual fall sale shopping spree and decided to share my own for the Nordstrom sale.

What I love about Jaci's style is her ability to play with a variety of textures and materials and unique hardware to create a look that is playful, colorful, but always really well put together and sophisticated. We've determined, my style is "classic", and there's no denying that here.
Calvin Klein Split Neck Knit Sheath - I am liking this because the fit looks fantastic (the knit fabric is going to continue to hold it's shape) and because I feel like it could easily be dressed up for a day to night piece.

Halogen Draped Dolman Sweater - So, this is something I would wear anywhere. I'd wear it with leggings and boots, jeans, with a black pencil skirt for a playful twist on workwear. I think this might be a winner.

BCBGMAXAZRIA Quilted Knit Jacket I see this jacket and think I should find a way to wear this in the fall to pick apples, drink cider and sit by the fire... and probably should wear it with the Vince Ponte Knit Riding Pant.


Having a glamorous moment? These sunglasses might do the trick. Check out the
Burberry Oversized Sunglasses.

So I really don't wear a watch, but if I was this would be it, Michael Kors Runway Watch . It's a great play on the men's watch and fairly affordable for a watch (sale or not.)

Fall is all about the boot. As I have become a more practiced city commuter I have grown more aware of the need for practical, comfortable, flat boots and these are a favorite for fall, Stuart Weitzman Hammer Boot.


The Valentino 'Small' Nappa Leather Satchel is not on sale. But, Mr. Valentino if you want to become friends/family and do a special, I'm all for this number.

Happy Shopping! Fall will be here before you know it!

2 comments:

  1. so much fun playing with you- and perfectly "classic" picks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - it's the best part of the day

    ReplyDelete