Monday, July 5, 2010

Leaving Virginia

As I have mentioned in previous posts, this previous weekend we moved from Virginia to DC. I think no matter the reason or the location, moving is always a triple punch: emotional, exhausting and exciting.

I am so excited to be back in DC, but will definitely miss Virginia - more on that in a very soon to be released post. I came to the DC metro area for the allure of big city DC and for college at American University. I met some of my closest friends. I found a major. I grew up. I found my husband and best friend in DC. We fell in love in Virginia.


As I was packing up and getting wistful Meet Virginia by Train kept looping through my brain. I loved this song when it came out. I think the line about "she wears high heels when she exercises," really resonated with me. It certainly wasn't the coffee or cigarettes.

Anyway, if you haven't yet, you really ought to meet Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment