Tuesday, October 12, 2010

At Home in the Wild

My favorite just for browsing website for home is Horchow; owned by Neiman Marcus it is luxe living from bathroom to backyard.  I'll be the first to admit there are definitely some items that are over the top, but having an editorial eye will help.  It is like finding a needle in a haystack; in this case a very luxurious haystack.

As my affinity for animal inspired prints continued I am taking the inspiration home, to my home.  Here are some favorites:

Horchow Leopard Patterned Panels
Horchow Golden Leopard Rug
Horchow Zebra Bench
Horchow Sunflower Zebra Chair
I honestly love, love, love all of these pieces.  

The unifying theme is that they are all animal inspired without being realistically animal print.  The leopard is soft gold, the panels are wood and mirrors, the chair is a vibrant, sunny yellow.  

The inspiration is all there, but it's been refined.  It is as if that nail head upholstered chair is sitting in a posh living room and saying to the mirrored armoire and fancy crystal vase, "you can take the girl out of the wild, but you can't ever take the wild out of the girl".

I will continue my prowl to find just right wild for our house.  I'll let you know what I find...  What do you say, would you go wild at home?

1 comment:

  1. Such great finds- those panels and the chair especially. It really takes away from the tacky peg bundy esque association of animal print when you add warm hues and unique textures.

    Now that I look again I might say the rug is my favorite...

    Kudos wild thing!

    ReplyDelete