Shopping for boys, guys and men - whatever you prefer - is sometimes the most difficult shopping challenge of all. The men I am closest to, my husband and my dad, are the type that if they want or need something they just go and get it. So for them, I am thinking up gifts that appeal to their interests and needs and go just a little bit beyond expectations.
Here are my top picks for Mark, and tips for gifts for the Mister on your list:
Like I said, when giving gifts to Mark I like to think of the things he or I enjoy and do a little extra.
- I love a massage, and over the last few years this has become something that we enjoy doing together. If your guy is new to the world of massages a "dude-friendly" spa like DC's Grooming Lounge is a great place to start.
- Here is an easy solution if you find your guy is still living in sweats - swap out that Hanes for cashmere. This cashmere sweater from J. Crew fits like a sweatshirt and feels like a million bucks.
- My guy is a natural born adventure seeker, and so a great gift is something that appeals to that wilder side: check out the many options by city from Xperience Days, or buy gear for his favorite sport, new sneakers, new goggles, or a new board. An even better gift is to get out there and take on the world together.
- Mark has a penchant for the finer things in life, and because of his appreciation it is always worth it to go the extra step. He already has custom shirts for a more exacting fit, but I am excited to see a local custom shirt option from Hugh & Crye - again this is a gift that most men won't know they'll love until they try on a shirt that actually fits them.
- Don't forget winter is long and cold, you'll probably spend some time on the couch, make it a movie night with the ultimate guy's collection of films: James Bond for my guy, maybe Dirty Harry, the Godfather, Lord of the Rings.
Happy gift giving to you, and yours!