Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Getting Ready for Christmas Morning

Christmas is probably the one day a year when company is almost always around: they are there to eat dinner on Christmas Eve, there to open presents in the morning, and hello, someone even sneaks in in the middle of the night to steal cookies.  Which means the opportunity for picture taking, and frankly looking cute, if not at least presentable always exists.

After a large meal, and any last minute gift wrapping on Christmas Eve the idea of being cute a few hours later when little kids come running to your room squealing with Christmas glee can be a bit daunting.  However, I think I have solved the problem.

We spend Christmas at my brother and sister in laws' home, with their three kids.  So while I normally come down stairs in a cardigan and leggings, or a Juicy tracksuit (yes, it's true, just like Gabrielle Solis [Desperate Housewives fans, anyone?]), I'd like to add some holiday spirit to my early morning attire.


Row 1:  I love this set; its playful and even a bit sexy.  This sleepwear collection might be better saved for a Christmas for deux, and happily all of these items are completely wearable and appropriate all year round.  I have loved this robe for a while, as I think it would look just as pretty on a hook as it would on.

Row 2: This set, to me, is like an idyllic Christmas morning.  The long-john inspired p.j.s, the bow detailed socks and the extra ruffly robe are all about having fun and being young, and that is totally Christmas.

Row 3: I love this set, because it feels a little bit extra special to me.  I could totally see these pieces being featured on an episode of Oprah's favorite things (hey, O!).  The sparkle loungewear from Juicy Couture adds a little holiday shine as an alternative to sweats and a t-shirt, and the long robe is divine.

Some people say that there is nothing more luxurious than treating yourself to really nice pajamas, so maybe in all of your Christmas shopping, you pick something up for yourself too.  After all, you deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment