Friday, December 3, 2010

Thankful on Friday

As we go into the weekend, and also the first full week after Thanksgiving I am taking a moment to count my blessings.

This week, among many other things, I am thankful for:

  • My dad celebrating his 57th birthday - every birthday, I think, should be treated like a big birthday!
  • Having a favorite flower and a store that nearly always stocks them, and being able to treat myself to them nearly whenever I want.  **Extra points for recycling!
  • My little neighborhood has little restaurants, and very happily my husband is picking up take-out, also, very thankful for a quiet Friday night with nothing to do.
  •   Thankful to be celebrating birthdays and Hanukkah with family this coming Sunday, and doubly thankful that when I call my mom and cousin for a recipe they can recite it from memory in a moment's notice - I'll let you know how this one turns out!
  • Youtube.  I am thankful that today after seeing a piece of art with a song lyric on it, and then having it stuck in my head all day, I was able to find the song and get it out of my system.
  • My very old boots that have survived many snow storms, moves, faux Florida winters, and all the wear and tear of everyday abuse, and yet I cannot wear them without getting a compliment.  They have no label, they were purchased at Nordstrom Off the Rack and they are my favorite for Fall, and now that DC's weather has officially snapped, winter too!


Kick your feet up this weekend, until next week - Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment