Monday, January 17, 2011

Go Green

On the flight home from India I watched "The Joneses" a film starring Demi Moore and David Duchovny.  If you have never heard of it, do not feel badly, it did terrible in theaters.  Anyway, in the movie Demi Moore wears a hunter green silk dress, and pretty much since that time I have moved hunter green to the top of the list of colors I need to incorporate in my wardrobe.

Demi and I have similar skin and hair coloring and so this seemed like a good model that it would work.

It seems that I am  not the only one who saw "The Joneses"...

Obviously when Angelina wears anything beyond black or white that is a style victory, but I don't love this dress or her hair.  The hair bothers me because frankly that's what my hair looks like when I do a 15 minute blowdry and I feel like the Golden Globes deserve better than that.  Regarding the dress, I like the color and the shoulders were very on trend, but somehow, I feel like the waist cinching reads very 80's and not 80's inspired.
Angelina Jolie in Versace via People.com

Mila Kunis looks sweet.  I like the hair, she's glamorous. But, I don't loooove it.  The dress has interesting texture, and the rumor is that it was put together 4 days prior to the show - so that is impressive, as well.  It's just not my favorite green gown of the night.
Mila Kunis in Vera Wang via Instyle.com

And this is the winner!  This is the green gown that would make me a green-eyed monster.  I think Catherine Zeta Jones looks marvelous, and glamorous and old Hollywood.  The color is so deep and made richer by the unique texture of the gown.  I like how she styled her hair and makeup and kept it simple and pretty.  Also, the more I stare at the picture it reminds me of Scarlett O'Hara in the drapes, minus the finials and fringe, of course.  I love that she wore a true movie-star gown for her husband's return to health and the stage.  Maybe the green will signify good luck!
Catherine Zeta Jones in Monique Lhuillier via Instyle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment