The other day my colleague swung by my desk to show off her new lipstick. It was bold, bright and a very happy shade of orangey-red. I really liked it. And in my excitement, which fed off of her excitement, I asked, "Where did you get it from?" She said, "a little boutique called CVS." Yea for funny girls!
If you look around orange and red are popping up everywhere: the fresh strawberries, the tart citrus, the tulips sprouting in the neighbor's flowerbeds, and the Spring 2011 runways.
|LA Racked: Spring 2011 looks from (l-r): Prada, Vena Cava, Halston. Images via Style.com|
For spring there are endless ways to this bright and vibrant hue; it speaks loudly and with confidence and requires an equally glowing smile.
Red Hot, Orange Crush From L-R: Rouge Pur Couture by Yves St. Laurent; Acne Pearl Skirt at My Theresa; Tangerine Belted Paper Bag Skirt at Asos; Diane Von Furstenberg Gyls Dress at Bloomingdale's; Lenny Deep V Mailot at Barneys; 811 Mid Rise Skinny Jean at J Brand; Le Prairies le Paris Silk Crepe Blouse at La Garconne; Juicy Couture Fernanda at Zappos Couture; Kate Spade New York Straw Fedora at Zappos; Kenneth Cole Reaction Slip Around at Zappos; Beaded Bracelet at Forever 21
So how to wear red/orange in real life...
- Be confident in the shape of what you're wearing, the silhouette will make a huge difference.
- Start with something small and work into larger statements. In makeup maybe test nails before lipstick, in fashion shoes before a sheath
- Find the right shade for your shade, and find complimenting shades to pair it with
- Look to nature for inspiration, this is a color that if you're looking for it you'll find everywhere.
- Be happy - these are HAPPY colors!
|Daily Batch Red Hot, Orange Crush Color Board|