Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Seeing Green, Pink and Blue

This past week was Bridal Market in New York, my invitation was lost in the mail but thanks to the various people I follow on Twitter and Brides.com I had a virtual front row seat.  A few trends really stuck out to me, and the first was the presence of color in a sea of white.

In a conversation I had last night I told someone there is no right or wrong way to get married, only your way.  These dresses are the visual illustration of that theme.  You can wear whatever you want, and now in whatever color.  Here are some of my favorites:

For Spring I love the bold, and the slight touches of soft sage green.  It is fresh, light and a really lovely take for a bold bride.

Oscar de la Renta - Spring 2012, via Brides.com

Vera Wang - Spring 2012, via Brides.com

Two trends that I loved were the surprising supersized stripes on Carolina Herrera's runway, and the ombre dyed Oscar de la Renta in radiant blue.

Oscar de la Renta - Spring 2012, via Brides.com
Carolina Herrera - Spring 2012, via Brides.com

In a more classical turn, the runways were filled with swaths of blush, mauve, pinks and lavenders.  The beauty of the bridal bouquet and some ballerina style have influenced the wedding gown.

Monique Lhuillier - Spring 2012, via Brides.com

Reem Acra - Spring 2012, via Brides.com

Rivini - Spring 2012, via Brides.com

Vera Wang - Spring 2012, via Brides.com
Watters - Spring 2012, via Brides.com

No comments:

Post a Comment