Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Go vintage

It's officially summer and nothing says summer like trading in your metro cards for evening walks, or bike rides. Two months ago, Mark and I bought bikes. The plan was for us to both ride to work at least 3 days of the week. I haven't ridden in once. To his credit, he rides every day (Updating on Twitter @DCBikeTest). It's very impressive.

Prior to the bike purchase, I campaigned pretty heavily for a motorized bike, specifically a Vespa. Two summers ago we had a Vespa. When Mark bought it on Craigslist, I was all "no, no, no". After riding it into the sunset for about 1.5 years, and zipping through DC on the back of that zippy silver bike, when we decided to sell it, I was again all "no, no, no". (True confession, I actually cried.)


Something about the Vespa is so Roman Holiday and vintage chic. It's also more city and environmentally friendly than a car. And they are too cute to beat.

Not us, although the resemblance is funny. I don't ride side saddle - that's ridiculous!

As we get ready to move back into the city I am keeping the Vespa dream alive, perhaps next spring. Ciao bellos!

No comments:

Post a Comment