Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

It's probably clear by now where on the fashion spectrum I fall.  I think of myself as a real "classic" kind of a girl.  I live in neutrals, love my denim, and keep my makeup and jewelry on the simple, and of course classic side.

These are my favorites, some are aspirational (ahem, custom DVF), and some are within reach with a visit to the makeup store.

Laura Mercier Cake Liner in Black Ebony
I don't wear makeup everyday, and even less in the summer.  While, I have never been and don't foresee becoming a total face makeup wearer, I can never go wrong with the Cake Liner.  The girls got it for me for my birthday, and after it met and untimely death by falling in a toilet - tragic - I treated myself to it.  It's an instant glamour pick me up.

Essie Mademoiselle
It might be because I am not a risk taker, but I can never pick up the hot picks, purples, blacks when that was current.  No matter the season or the event I go for Essie Mademoiselle, or Sugar Daddy.  It's seen me through my first manicure to my wedding day.  No sense in changing up a good thing.



DVF Sketch for First Lady Michelle Obama
If I could start collecting any premium designer it would be Diane Von Furstenberg.  I think her designs exemplify the modern woman, how she works, how she celebrates and how she travels.  It's timeless, and she's classic.

Ray-Ban Aviator Sunglasses
I can't wear the traditional aviator sunglasses, they interfere with my cheekbones and segment my face in a weird way.  But, it doesn't mean I don't love them.  This modified shape is perfection.

Burberry Double Breasted Trench Coat
To me, nothing says classic outerwear like a Burberry trench.  Other than updates on fit, the silhouette and style have remained the same for years - it's a timeless must have.  Don't believe me, it ranks up there with the classic white shirt, red lipstick, and a well fitting pair of jeans as seen in every style guide from In Style to Nina Garcia.

Elsa Peretti Diamonds by the Yard - Tiffany & Co
This is the true aspirational piece.  I have loved the look of Diamonds by the Yard since I was a little girl.  It looks like raindrops, snowflakes, a smattering of sparkle.  One day...

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post- they really paint a picture of your look, one day- lets give ourselves 10 years we will stroll into Burberry you can get your trench and I'll get a bag or two. I blogged those Ray Bans yesterday!!! I can't stop thinking about them... have you tried them on? and I fully agree on the DVF- I recently finished "I love your style" and the author profiles DVF a lot- I think she is becoming a style icon for me, you need to check out some of the old photos of her back in the day. Stunning... maybe a blog post is brewing for Sassypants!

    ReplyDelete