Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Plum Romance

Inspiration can come from anywhere, and as summer very quickly winds down it is a reminder that fall is around the corner.  Fall, to me, sparks the beginning of something grand.  The colors, crispness and start of the celebrating season all connote a sense of royalty, grandeur and glamour.

For a bride getting married in the fall, I say go for glamour.  

Four Season Palo Alto Wedding
When I first saw this picture I was in awe.  It is romantic, glamorous, sophisticated, but it doesn't scream "wedding!"  With a few tweaks it could easily be the setting for another fabulous social event.
In this image, the impact is all in the color.  There isn't an abundance of flowers, and if working creatively as shown in this wedding you can use fabrics to supplement the visual impact floral arrangements would typically provide.

I wanted to imagine what the rest of this wedding might look like for you.


I took the liberty of adding a classic and very glamorous wedding cake, and picking out the wedding attire, and outfitting a black and white post wedding lounge party.  Also, how great are the bow topped candles? I think they would be great as a favor.

Purple is the color for royalty, and on a wedding day every bride is a queen.

2 comments: