Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Pop of Color From Home

A favorite place to visit growing up was Lincoln Road on South Beach.  My Great Aunt had an art studio there, so my mom and sister and I would often go down to visit on school days off to be "ladies who lunch."  We'd pop into stores and galleries and treat ourselves to a great day while people watching.  A favorite gallery of mine was always Romero Britto's.  The Brazilian artist's trademark is the bold colors, pop designs, and joyful characters in his art.

Growing up in South Florida, and as avid Heat fans, we had this poster:
Miami Heat Commemorative Poster by Romero Britto

If you are a fan of Bethenny Getting Married on Bravo you'll recognize the gift Bethenny gave to her husband Jason: 
Follow Me by Romero Britto at Greg Lane Arts
I have always enjoyed the art for the wall, the signature Absolut bottles that Britto designed, and even a series of watches a few years ago.  And then I saw this:
New Day Luggage Collection by Romero Britto
Who else is ready to jet set, now?  I know this is completely over the top, but that is the Florida in me.  I love the color, I love the hearts (I love hearts), and I love joyful, happy attitude.  Besides what else do you need when traveling besides some clothes and a happy heart?

1 comment: