Thursday, March 10, 2011

Rainy Day Cravings: PB + J AAF

Welcome to Day 2 of rain in Washington, DC.  Here is the thing, when it is raining I feel like blech.  I don't want to run, I don't want to think about how my hair is growing (wider/frizzier) by the moment, and I don't want to get wet (and in DC, cold).  All I want to do is read, watch, eat.  

Some might say this is the perfect weather for grilled cheese and soup.  Even that sounds too time consuming...  I want salty, crunchy, nutty peanut butter and sweet, fruity jelly.  

Here are some hometown favorites:

 

Please note, if you are ever making a PB + J sandwich, treat yourself right and do the trick my dad taught me: Toast some fresh Challah,  egg bread/brioche, and then slather both pieces with peanut butter and then both pieces with jelly.  The warm bread ups the flavor and out of this world comfort of this food and pairs amazingly with a cold glass of milk.

Bite courtesy of yours truly

How about this for breakfast?


 Pillsbury Waffle Sandwiches are nothing short of brilliant.  We do this a lot for breakfast or a mid afternoon/night time snack.

Lunchtime!
This clever design comes from  Serious Eats and NY's Peanut Butter Co - a restaurant that serves up so many PB & J sandwiches that they created one for every day of the year.  Photos of the clever creations are now on display at the Nutropolitan Museum of Art!

High Class PB & J?
This clever idea come from Bon Appetit's new blog the Kookery.  The clever concept was for choosy mom's with ever choosier kids.  Frankly, I think this works for 26 year old kids too..

Decadent PB & J
These Peanut Butter and Jelly Cups might be the most brilliant thing ever.  The deliciousness of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?  Heavenly...

What do you crave for comfort foods?  How do you like your peanut butter and jelly time?

No comments:

Post a Comment